Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Upon Closer Inspection...

I was taking a look at the Colorado/Edmonton stats from last night's contest and have concluded that:

1.) The entire Colorado roster was hung over or ill during the game, or
2.) They took a dive.

Take a look. The Av's managed all of 1 hit all night long! One! Now I know it's a pretty subjective interpretation when it comes to recording hits, but...the Oiler's managed 11 in contrast.

Further, Colorado managed to generate all of 18 shots on Ty Conklin over the course of the evening. Six during the 3rd period when they were behind. In addition, I watched a bit of the game last night and the Avs looked pretty blase overall.

So does this mean Colorado would rather face Dallas than the Flames in the first round? Looks like it to me. It remains to be seen whether that was a good decision on the part of the Avs or not, however (I think not).

So...should the Flames take this as a compliment...or just Kipper?

No comments: